Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Strength and Faith

On one of my beautiful moments of downtime I was channel surfing and came across a program where a man was sharing the challenges he had faced in his life two years ago. The life that he cherished took a downturn in a matter of months. He was laid off from his job, his spouse left him and he wound up losing his home with no place to stay. This left him feeling alone and at rock bottom. After months of feeling helpless and sorry for himself he mustered up the strength to move past this trying time and was able to create a life that was more blessed and beautiful than before. He learned not to take things for granted and that he was much stronger than he could have ever imagined.

His story brought to mind some of the challenges I, and some of my loved ones, have faced in the past. There were a few times where I almost threw in the towel and gave up. I told myself that I wasn’t strong enough to make it through and it would be easier to just give up rather than try and fail. The feeling of helplessness and hopelessness tested my faith. I would go through periods of feeling sorry for myself and then frustrated. During some serious soul searching I realized that I was stronger than I gave myself credit for and there is a reason for every situation.


At some point or another we may be faced with challenges that are seemingly impossible to overcome. The limits of our faith may be tested and at that moment our fight or flight response will kick in. We may give away or discredit the power that we have to get through the most serious challenges.

If life throws you a curveball know that no matter what happens you CAN get through it. Have faith that each and every challenging situation can be overcome and in the end you will be stronger and wiser.

Today I pray that you are focused, centered and on task.

1 comment:

Ananda said...

What an amazing testimony to start Autumn with. Many blessings.